As we draw to a close on our first week here in Abu Dhabi, we just wanted to share some initial observations…
– There is WAY more grass and trees here than we ever expected…and not just at hotels, but everywhere. A pleasant surprise, to say the least! But then agan, I guess that’s what 250 million gallons of water per day will get you (highest consumption in world).
– Everything is so clean…from sidewalks to roads to parks, you see almost no trash laying about. It took us a few days to notice this one.
– Kids here are just as wild as American kids. We witnessed one local child hurl himself onto the ground and refuse to accompany his mother unless she bought him something. We have seen other kids run amuck in stores, full of sugar and mischief. Refreshing to see how similar we all really are.
– Yes, we get some stares. But compared to the looks we got in China, we feel like half-Emiratis!
– Food portions, both in grocery stores and fast food places, have been noticeablly smaller than we get in America [insert fat American joke here]
A few other highlights…